The FY2016-17 Executive Budget adds 3,000 state-funded waivers to begin to reduce Ohio’s waiting list. About 1,000 of those waivers are Self-Empowered Life Funding (SELF) Waivers. The SELF Waiver is Ohio’s first participant-directed waiver, or the first waiver that lets people direct where and how they receive services.
As individuals begin to enroll in the new waivers, service providers will want to learn more about the SELF Waiver and how it works. Five in-person training sessions will cover the unique aspects of the SELF waiver including Participant-Direction, Employer Authority, Budget Authority, Financial Management Services, Support Brokers, and SELF waiver services.
All sessions are 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. – registration begins at 8:30 a.m. There is no charge to attend. Dates and locations include:
- September 30: Butler County Board, Hamilton – Register online
- October 22: Camden Falls Reception and Conference Center, Tiffin – Register online
- October 27: American Red Cross of Summit and Portage Counties, Akron – Register online
- November 4: Department of Agriculture, Reynoldsburg – Register online
- November 9: Athens County Library, Athens – Register online